HRD Class #3 Taylor, Ford, and the Scientific Management
After reading about 70 pages on scientific management and Taylor, discussing Taylor's contributions and legacy, we watched two videos on Henry Ford and Frederick Taylor.
Here is one of them:
Ford and Taylor in the 1920s part one
When we were watching this video, I was thinking about how the workers were able to work with their hands, go back home to rest, and then go back to work the next day. I believe that I would like to have a similar job: do all my work at the office, go back home and don't think about it. In the video, some workers mentioned that they loved the job. I don't know if I would say the same. Basically, they were working like the machines they operated. I would have probably lasted only a year, two the most in a similar job. What I like about my current job as a Spanish instructor is that every day is different. Even if I had taught the same lesson a hundred times, the students and the outcome may be different each semester and in every class.
We also did presentations. They were very good. It looks like everybody found excellent, interesting materials to discuss in class.
No comments:
Post a Comment