Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Reflection

HRD Class #2 of the semester: 29 - June - 2012
There is something very clear to me in the readings for this class: reflection was part of some of the articles. I see the author reflecting on the name of this practice and field of research as well as the identity of Human Resource Development. I believe it is important to reflect on the history and identity of your own practice, because this also tells me of the character needed to become part of this community, or at least understand it.

We had to discuss the following in groups: some recent HRD trends. I love how my group agreed with me on the issue of reflection. Perhaps we spent too much time talking about the tone of the articles, more perhaps than the time we spent deciding what our answer was going to be.

The photo that I have included here is of one of the buildings we were able to see from the corner where our team was discussing the articles we read. I believe that getting out of the classroom and being able to see buildings, windows, the sky, etc., break the rhythm of the class in a good way. After these discussion outside of the classroom, I have more energy to keep going.

I have to say that after listening to my classmate who is also a librarian, I now would like to work for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment